Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Leadership Map


My leadership map shows what I see as the progression of leadership over time.
  1. A Born Leader refers to the theories that someone is either a leader or not, leadership is not developed over time.
  2. Building the Bonds is the stage of building relationships with employees. This will benefit the leader in the long run.
  3. The Nitty Gritty is the time to show that you can do work as a leader. During this stage the leader proves himself to his superiors.
  4. The final stage is Making the Impressions. During this stage the leader has an impact on his followers and helps to develop them as leaders.
Right now I see myself at the Building Bonds stage. I am currently networking and learning the aspects of leading in a hotel setting. With my next move into Corporate Management Training I will be getting to know people and their jobs throughout the hotel. After this stage, I will then be managing other people, which will move me into the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment