Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reflecting on MY Leadership Style...

Looking back at this past semester and the past four years as a whole, my leadership style has been formed and transformed time and time again.

My style was first developed as a "group leader" in Venture and Entrepreneur Management. In the course I was assigned to lead a group of 10 students to develop a business plan for a new restaurant. As the youngest member of the group, and the leader this prepared me for what is to come in the near future. I had to build credibility and I did this by emphasizing my past experience working in a fast casual restaurant similar to the restaurant we were designing.

As I am about to embark on a new adventure, joining a new team of people in a new environment I will look back to these experiences. As discussed in my leadership map, I am at a point where I am building my relationships. These will hopefully be the ones that I impact in the future.

This leadership development course has served as a great capstone to my HTM experience. I have learned a lot more about leadership theories and tactics than I ever would have expected and many of these tools will be very helpful in just a few months, when I am put in charge of my first team in Maui!

1 comment: