Friday, February 18, 2011

Aloha!

Today was a big day for developing my future leadership potential. I was offered my first management job for post-college today. I will be starting in June as a Rooms Division Corporate Management Trainee at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. I am nervous, but most of all excited! The reasons I am nervous are abundant:
  • Maui is a union hotel and I have never worked, let alone managed, at a union property. Rumors that I have heard say that it is much more difficult and that many employees are unmotivated because they are tenured.
  • Maui is far! What will I bring? Should I ship my car? Questions are racing through my mind.
  • I may never make it back to the mainland. The company is investing a lot of money in me to send me to Maui. It will be at least a year before they will even think about sending me back.
  • Will the locals just think of me as another mainlander?
This is the biggest move I have ever made and I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new job!
    Hawaii is such a beautiful place. I am sure within time, you will find your place there and love every minute of it. Best wishes to you, Adam!

    ReplyDelete