Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Archetypes and Leaders

As I further develop my leadership style I am starting to observe the importance of searching for the "hidden" traits that make up my character. The PMAI (Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator) test takes symbols, images and themes that are gathered through a series of questions and establishes the top archetypes. These archetypes are named based off of the common characteristics and desires that go along with them.

The archetypes PMAI uses are:

 Each of these archetypes describes the most important desires and goals of the individual who is evaluated and the potential for parts of that person's leadership style. These archetypes come from values that are created throughout one's life. After completing the evaluation, my results proved to be very informative. The next post will touch more on that. After this test I trust much more in the archetype based leadership theory rather than the traits based leadership theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment